Games (Ones that Caught My Eye):
– Assassin’s Creed Revelations looks good.
– Saints Row: The Third looks hilarious and fun (dildo bats wut?).
– Darksiders II and Kid Icarus Uprising look good.
– FarCry 3 was … bizarre.
– Tomb Raider looks freaking awesome.
– Mass Effect 3 looks neat.
– Bioshock Infinite looked a little less like a scripted movie this time.
– Prototype 2 looks interesting (tendril madness).
– Battlefield 3 (I mentioned this yesterday) looks totally realistic beyond beyond.
1. The Sony PSVita. Just a revamped PSP. I’m not sure if I want one, and I’m not sure why someone would buy the $249 non-3G version (wait a few months, it will work on Verison). The video games available will really have to sell me to it. Otherwise, why would I need one? They did apologize at least five times about the PSN mess, but I didn’t think Kaz Hirai looked like he cared. Plus – once again – he bought into his own hype and was arrogant about the PSVita.
2. The WiiU. Such a WTF? moment that doesn’t answer any questions. My thoughts are – 6 inch tablet controller with cameras able to play games without the TV and can talk to the 3DS. It is compatible with the Wii accessories (including the Wiimotes). We haven’t seen what the main system looks like, or what the specs are. But if I thought this out right – it’s a HD Wii with internal memory, better Internet and eStore, and has the flashy controller. And is supported by a majority of huge game producers.
Not sure what I thought E3 might do that PAX wouldn’t. All this stuff is going to be at PAX, so I’ll just watch stuff from there instead. It was interesting to watch Nintendo’s Conference, but it was also a huge “This isn’t what I was expecting” moment. I’m not sure if these small improvements are enough to save the Wii.