Man, okay. Two long nights in a row is a bad idea.
I DJ’ed at the Maxx on Saturday night. Which wasn’t bad, since that place rocks. Especially the main floor. I’ve DJ’ed the Arena section, and it wasn’t bad, but the main dance floor is CRAZY packed. Especially when you play everything that everyone wants to hear, apparently.
I’m seriouly beginning to detest the Inglesais/Ludacrist song Tonight (Chuckie Remix). I go to get some water, the girls sitting at the table near the booth are like, “Can you play Tonight?” I’m running to the bathroom, the girls at the bar who recognize me are, “Can you play that Tonight song?” So I think we ended up playing it … twice? Two different remixes, but Jesus. I know it’s a great dance song. I know everyone loves the dirty version – loves singing to their date, “Tonight I’m fucking you!” But it’s extremely repetitive. Especially when people ask for it constantly. Oz was like “Stop taking requests, man. LOL.”
But I did have a great stretch right in the middle where people just went insane. Here’s a rough list.
– Basement Jaxx: Where’s Your Head At (Coolio remix)
– Justin Timberlake: Sexy Back (Drastik REMIX)
– Claude VonStroke: Who’s Afraid of Detroit – Put your Hands Up For Detroit (maxx remix)
– Far East Movement: Like a G6 (Disco Fries Remix)
– Rihanna: Only Girl in the World (Extended Club Mix)
– Katy Perry w/Snoop Dogg: California Girls (Wills Bootleg Remix)
– Usher: DJ Got Us Fallin In Love Again (Almighty Remix)
– Britney Spears: Hold It Against Me (Adrain Lux & Nause Club Mix)
– Bruno Mars: Grenade (Dancecom Project Club Mix)
– Taio Cruz Ft. Kylie: Higher (Wideboys Radio Edit)
– Zoe Badwi: Free Fallin (Club Remix)
– Enrique Inglesais/Ludacrist: Tonight (Chuckie Remix)
– Cascada: Evacuate the Dancefloor (Club Remix)
– Basshunter: Bass Creator
All in all, not bad. I even snuck in BASSHUNTER there (who were here last week, I think). I think Basshunter is too complex for people from Omaha, though. LOL.